3/16/10

TWD: Soft Chocolate and Raspberry Tart





this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was chosen by Rachelle of Mommy? I'm Hungry! I wasn't sure what to expect with this tart because Dorie describes the chocolate as pudding-like and that's not my favorite texture, but wow! this was delicious! The texture was thicker and silkier than pudding. I made sweet tart dough with toasted pecans (I'd only done it with almonds previously) and I will definitely be using pecans again. I also decided to use all bittersweet chocolate instead of the milk chocolate and bittersweet chocolate combination. The flavor was so deep and just a little bitter and perfect with the sweet and tart raspberries. The fresh raspberries are placed in the pre-baked tart shell and then covered with the chocolate mixture before being baked. The raspberries turn kind of jammy but not at all runny and I can't wait to try this tart with other berries! I loved that the tart took so little time to make and yielded such elegant results. Derrick described the flavor as "adult" because of the very dark chocolate but Helen did not agree at all (note the small hand in the picture below).

No comments: