8/11/09

TWD: Brownie Buttons


Whoa these brownies were so fabulous! Remember how I said that last week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe for Banana Bundt Cake wasn't much of a temptation for me? Well, this week was the total opposite! I could not stop eating these! It certainly doesn't help that the brownies are made in mini-muffin tins and therefore require no cutting... too easy to grab and pop into your mouth! This week's recipe was chosen by Jayma of Two Scientists Experimenting in the Kitchen and I cannot thank her enough for this pick because I honestly thought these would be dry and boring brownies. The picture in Baking From My Home to Yours is really cute but I just assumed that the mini muffin tin would turn out little hard brownie rocks. Instead they ended up being extremely fudgy and intensely flavorful. The recipe calls for orange zest rubbed into a teaspoon of sugar to be added to the batter-now some of the TWD bakers found the orange flavor to be very subtle- but mine was very strong! Wow! I love chocolate and orange together but I've never had orange flavored brownies. The recipe calls for dipping the tops of the brownies in white chocolate but I didn't get around to doing it for this batch but I'm making a quadruple batch for my brother's graduation party this weekend so I'm going to try it with the chocolate this time around.

4 comments:

Cristine said...

Weren't these amazing? So glad you liked them!

Cecille said...

I loved them, too! Keep baking!

TeaLady said...

They were good and moist and fudgey and chocolately weren't they and yours look great.

Anonymous said...

Your buttons look delicious. They were really good!