8/4/09

TWD: Banana Bundt Cake


I love cake pans so much. It is really hard for me not to buy non-functional or at least slightly functional yet extremely cute baking pans. So you have no idea how lovely it was for me to receive a variety specialty bakeware as wedding presents. One of the nicest pans I got was the NordicWare Fleur de Lis Bundt Pan and I'm embarrassed to say that here I am, more than two years after my wedding and this is the first week that I've whipped the sucker out! But once I saw how beautifully my cake popped out of this wonderful pan I quickly baked up another bundt too- now I think I have the bundt-bug because I'm dying to make another one!

Anyway, this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe for a Classic Banana Bundt Cake was chosen by Mary of The Food Librarian. This cake was pleasantly easy to put together (a must for me now with two babies under the age of two) and it smelled wonderful as it baked. I am not a huge banana bread fan so I didn't love this cake but I will say that it had a great moist, tight crumb and everyone who tasted it really liked it. I think one of the great parts of this cake is that the bananas were really the star of the show- there are no spices or fancy additions- it is just an old fashioned, basic recipe. This will definitely be my go to banana cake/bread recipe from now on!

5 comments:

Cristine said...

I want your bundt pan! Your cake is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I love that pan! I would use it more often too with cakes that gorgeous! Nice job.

Pamela said...

That pan is really pretty and what a lovely cake! Well done.

TeaLady said...

Love the pan. Beautiful pattern.

Cake is also lovely.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cake and beautiful pan!