9/7/10

TWD: Peanut Butter Crisscrosses


I was really excited that Jasmine of Jasmine Cuisine picked Peanut Butter Crisscrosses for this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe! These are some of my favorite cookies, this is the recipe I usually use when I make them but I thought Dorie's recipe was just as good! Dorie calls for chopped peanuts which I think is a fabulous addition, but unfortunately since my girls are both under the age of four they can't eat big pieces of nuts yet so I decided to leave them out this time. I also found that the cookies reached a perfect soft, chewy consistency at about 10 minutes instead of the recommended 12 minutes. I loved these! Perfect classic cookie!

On another note, Helen has recently become obsessed with taking pictures with my camera. Since she's only 2 and 1/2 I've been a little hesitant to let her use the camera without extremely close supervision. Here's her best shot so far:
Yep, a picture of Eloise's chubby legs hanging out of her highchair. This is her best shot because there is actually recognizable subject matter unlike the majority of her other pictures which ended more like this:I can't really say much about this though because let's face it, these days my pictures don't look much better! I'm usually so impressed with myself for baking and posting on time that I haven't really been able to take much time to make things look as appealing as they actually taste!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

These were excellent cookies. The chocolate variety was also delish!

Rachel said...

Ha looks like you have a budding photographer on your hands! How cute! Cookies look great!

Tia said...

that's sooo cute. My son loves the camera too. I treid getting him a kids camera but NOPE... he prefers the "real thing". ie. MINE. lol